Monday, February 17, 2014

One For The Murphy's review by: Lynda Mullaly Hunt

Oh my goodness, I love this book, it got me through some hard times,because I realize this girl did not have the good life I have, at all. I got mad when my nice tablet broke, but this girl, Carley Conners, because her step dad Dennis beat her mom. I realize I have it great!

Carley Conners grew up in Las Vegas with her amazing mom. But when her mom marries her step dad Dennis, she figured out he beat her mom so she taunted him and he got mad, so mad that he almost killed Carley when beating her and her. Carley is immediately pulled away from everything she knows and put into foster care, into the family with the last name of Murphy. Carley thinks she is just in the Murphys home to make them look more caring and nice. But over time she realizes this is what a family is like, and what it feels like to be more noticed, and more loved. As Carley's mom goes through a therapy to both regain her strength to walk and how to take care of her daughter properly, Carley wonders if her mom really cares for her, whereas her mom loves her more than anything, and held on to Carley when Dennis was beating her to get up and call the police to arrest Dennis, and hurting Carley was the worst thing she had ever done in her life and wished she could take back that night more than anything!
 This book shows me the strength that some of these foster kids go through every day when thinking about their old life. My two foster siblings must go through so much depression than I even know about! Every day they are SO strong, and I am just sitting here typing away on my parents computer! So today I encourage you to try foster care, take classes, take care of them, they need you do much more than you think, and need soooo much love!  
                             -author Lynda Mullaly Hunt

-your favorite blogger, Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment